Also see the separate website: www.casarosafoodpantry.org
Mission: Casa Rosa is an outreach of LPPC in alliance with the broader community of Placitas. Our mission is to provide food, services, and other life needs to empower the people of Placitas. Casa Rosa values people as they are; solicits participation of those who support our mission; respects the beliefs of others with no pressure to participate in LPPC; and encourages suggestions for meeting the needs of the Placitas community. Casa Rosa Food Pantry is an equal opportunity provider.
Donations (food, clothing, household goods) are welcome and can be put in the
blue bins at LPPC or dropped off at Casa Rosa on Friday and Saturday mornings
when volunteers are there. Please note that we cannot accept food that is more
than a year beyond its Best-By or Expired-By Date. Also, we cannot accept
To serve our clients, Casa Rosa is always in need of the following:
- Specific grocery items: canned fruit, canned meat, jelly or jam,
- Specific hygiene items: hand soap, toothbrushes (for adults and children), toothpaste, and mouthwash.
- Shopping aids: plastic grocery bags, brown paper grocery bags (from grocery stores—not shops), empty egg cartons (that hold 12 vs 18 eggs).
- Men’s Clothes: casual—not office or dressy attire.
- Pet Food: donations of bags of cat or dog food or designated funds to purchase pet food.
AmazonSmile donations are an additional way to help to Casa
Rosa if you shop on Amazon. This requires signing up one time and selecting Las
Placitas Presbyterian Church as the charitable organization, which will then
result in the Amazon Smile Foundation depositing quarterly donations equivalent
to 0.5% of your total purchase costs directly into Casa Rosa’s independent checking
account. Just remember from then on to do your online Amazon shopping through
Flyers describing Casa Rosa Food Pantry and the AmazonSmile program are available in a display holder in the Fellowship Hall.